Santa Fe has nine community gardens. A community garden is a space where plots of land are leased to families or individuals with access during garden season or year round. There are many other types of gardens in homes, schools and organizations that may not appear on this list. Community Garden plots may still be available if you are interested in joining the gardens in your neighborhood. They are typically $15-$30 for the year and are 5′x10 to 10′x16′ depending on the garden location. Many have events and classes at the gardens. Here is contact information for the gardens.
1. The City of Santa Fe Community Gardens are Sunny Slope Community Garden, La Familia, Maclovia Community Garden and Frenchy’s Community Garden. Cielo Vista Park is a new garden in 2013. Contact Jessie Esparza at 955-2106 for details.
2. Earth Care has a Youth & Community Garden on Country Club and Jaguar. Contact email@example.com for details.
3. The El Dorado School Community Garden has a website for more information. Contact Marilynn Jacobs at 780-8450 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The Milagro Community Garden on Rodeo Road is currently accepting new gardeners and has a waiting list. Email email@example.com for information.
5. Railyard Park has a website www.railyardpark.org for more information on joining the garden and events and workshops.
Join the Community Garden Tour on September 14, 2013 to see the gardens and start signing up for the following year. We will post additional information online.