Community Homesteading Potluck Gatherings
The Fourth Tuesday of Every Month
Santa Fe Complex
Grow, Raise, Cook, Preserve
Teach, Learn, Mentor, Share
The Santa Fe Complex and Home Grown New Mexico continue the Community Homesteading Potluck Gatherings at the Santa Fe Complex. They take place on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Next event is Tuesday, May 24 at 6:30pm
- Back by popular demand, we will have a Seed & Seedling Exchange Table so bring any seeds to share with others, envelopes or small baggies and a marking pen. You can also bring any extra seedlings with labels to share and exchange with the group.
- Sam McCarthy, Manager of Payne’s Organic Soil Yard, will discuss ways to start composting this spring and summer.
- Ken Kuhne of Grow Y’own will talk about his growing systems and will have an example.
- Steve Dulfer from Dulfermetal will show us his broadfork that makes preparing your soil easy. They are made in Santa Fe.
- We got your feedback and moved our start time to 6:30pm and will have a kids table!
The goal of our potlucks is to bring individuals together and organically create an environment of education between the different levels of experience. Come if you are a novice, an expert, or anything in between in the topics of gardening, beekeeping, backyard chicken coops and urban farming.
Bring a dish to share with the group. We want this to be a zero waste event so please bring a plate, silverware and a cup. You could even bring your dish or drink in a reusable container.
Bring food donations for the Food Depot. They will accept locally grown produce, canned goods or dry packaged food. We will be delivering these donations to the Food Depot at all future potluck events.
Home Grown New Mexico hopes to continue to communicate these events and add more speakers and activities to our calendar. To facilitate this there is a suggested donation of $5 or more. The Santa Fe Complex is located at 632 Agua Fria Street with parking off Romero Street before the Ark Bookstore and visit http://sfcomplex.org/ for more detailed directions. For more information on the potlucks, email email@example.com or call 473-1403.